Friday, January 14, 2011

A girl and her Kindle: a love story


Once upon a time, there was a girl.  This girl loved to read.  She bought every new book she wanted and read until her little heart was content.  One day, the girl went to put her new books on the bookshelf and gasped.  Full.  The entire shelf!!

Okay, okay you get it.  But my love for my Kindle is really unmatched by any non-breathing thing.

Here's what I love about my Kindle:
  • The screen.  It's so easy to read.  No glare and I can look at it for hours without my eyes hurting.
  • Samples.  Probably my favorite feature.  If someone recommends a book to me, I can go to Amazon.com, download an e-book sample and read the first chapter or two of the book to see if it grabs my interest.  Without this feature, I probably never would have read "The Hunger Games."
  • Capacity.  Kindle Wi-Fi holds more than 3,500 books.  Many, many more than my bookshelf.
  • Cheaper Books.  "The Hunger Games" at Barnes and Noble: $22.99.  "The Hunger Games" in Amazon.com's e-book store: $8.57.

And they lived happily ever after.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment