Saturday, January 15, 2011

Daydream believer

I've been thinking lately about the last vacation I took.  I believe it was Toronto in October, 2009.  Hmm...I think I'm probably due for a proper vacay.

Before you start to feel too sorry for me, the traveling I have done of late has been back to the Midwest by choice.  When you live 1,300 miles from your family - any chance you have to get back and see them, you take.  So, the last trips my husband and/or I have taken were to Kansas City, Wichita, and St. Louis.

We didn't go on a honeymoon for several reasons - one being that we got married in Buffalo so all of our friends and family had to come to us for the wedding.  We spent the days after the wedding being with them and taking it easy.  Money was (and is) a concern.  We never just have money lying around for a vacation.  But hey, a girl can dream right? Here are some places I wouldn't mind going:

Paris: I'd love to spend a week walking around the gorgeous city, visiting the Louvre and the Champs Elysees, and looking at fabulous French people.

Italy:  I've always, always wanted to visit Italy.  Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice, Genoa, Milan, Sicily...My ideal vacation would be spent city-hopping around Italy for two weeks.

Anywhere With A Beach: It's mid-January in Buffalo, NY.  I need a beach, palm trees, and a frozen drink in my hand.  STAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment